Customer: Bangalore based application development company
Products and Services: Pet insurance
Industry: Insurance domain
Type (Type of the company): IT
Country: UK & Austria
The client is an Indian cloud-based software & AI company headquartered in Bengaluru, India.
Founded in 2015 by stalwarts in the IT & Services industry, it provides Artificial Intelligence,
Application Development, also sells a complementary suite of enterprise applications focused on
Customer Relationship Management CRM, marketing intelligence, Membership management.
The company was awarded development of a large scale pet insurance project, even though the
workforce consisted of a skilled development team, there were limitations when it came to testing.
They were looking for an efficient and cost effective testing infrastructure and that’s how they found
Testvox on the internet and contacted through their website.
With very less time in hand to kick start the project, Testvox extended it's software testing services
immediately and deployed experienced test engineers from finance and insurance domain from the
pool of talented testers into the project. They were required to carry out manual functional testing
and joined the development team right from the starting of the project.
- Gap in requirement collection where new requirements were accepted but other team members were not aware of the change giving rise to communication gaps and pesticide paradox.
- Test data management seemed to be difficult due to different data to be used for different payment modes and other API’s as well, which caused security level issues.
- Incorrect data mapping was observed within the application frontend, backend and external communication (emails, etc.) due to multiple application integration.
- Poor user satisfaction & high number of critical defects in production.
- Manual testing of calculation rating influencers for each category of products i.e. pets was time consuming.
- Age of a pet was an important factor decisive of eligibility for insurance so even a slight deviation from the required age bracket had to be taken into consideration.
- A wide variety of product categories i.e. pets existed, hence development and testing had to be done individually.
- Requirement changes in the middle of the project were documented and updated in the test case for uninterrupted workflow.
- Testvox implemented test data management and utilized dedicated resources to create specific test data with the help of developers to avoid security risks.
- Followed agile methodology
- The team successfully executed data mapping testing to ensure accurate data across all applications apart from the regular system testing.
- The insurance components’ calculations were tested manually by adding calculation rating influencers as excel formula and using the same for each test case, hence saving time.
- The team had given top priority to boundary value analysis testing in order to avoid issues regarding the pet’s age for policy and coverage.
- Strategic test planning, design and execution of test cases
- Different product categories were recorded as individual projects among team members for ease of execution and uninterrupted testing.
- Effective time management was practiced with limited time spent in meetings and other activities. The team also reported bugs elaborately so as to avoid further communication on the same and save time.
- Another round of user acceptance testing was done by Testvox before deployment.
Conclusion /Customer feedback
The client was able to verify and deliver high quality flawless insurance management web
application that satisfied all the user requirements. With improved process and functionalities across
the teams, Testvox proved to add more efficiency and value to the in-house testing team of the
client. Testvox also helped to build a better work culture among the internal teams of the client,
which eventually got into more collaborative work with the client and to sign more projects
Data was religiously documented and the process is followed properly, helping developers, testers
and product managers to focus more on user experience and business value.