About the Project
Order Management System (OMS)
An E-Commerce software application from Storilabs based on cloud technology, which aims to fulfill purchase requirements of customers. It can be integrated with major E-Commerce companies like Shopify, AliExpress, Oberlo, etc. which are termed as sales channels. OMS is also combined with delivery channels like DHL, dpd, onfleet, FedEx, etc., which helps in completing the purchase.
- OMS helps the end users by processing their purchase orders in an automated manner. It processes the orders from different sales channels to OMS.
- From OMS, this order can be further processed to different delivery channels depending upon their integration. The respective delivery channel is predetermined for a sales channel based on certain preset conditions which are client dependent.
- The updates sent by delivery channels regarding the status of each order will be made visible in the different fields of the OMS.
“Manually executing the large number of test cases possessed by Storilabs during regression testing associated with each release of a new feature or a release following a feature/functionality update was a major concern faced by Storilabs.”
- Manual testing process consumed a large amount of time for every regression testing they conducted on the already existing functionalities and features.
- This delayed the QA cycle and also the release cycle ultimately as the bugs identified during the manual regression testing had to be rectified by the software developers and manually tested again.
- They were in search of a solution to mitigate this concern. They wanted to speed up their QA cycle by hastening their much delaying manual testing process.
“Storilabs approached Testvox for a consultation and decided to adhere to our plans to get relieved from their concern.”
- “Storilabs also wanted a solution to speed up their whole release cycle in addition to the solution that they needed to speed up their QA cycle.”
- The software testers took days to run all the test cases manually for each regression testing associated with every release which ultimately delayed the release of the new feature or the release of an existing feature/functionality update.
- Even though this delay due to usage of manual testing was minimized to a great extent after the automation of the test cases,
“Storilabs still wanted an improvement in the time taken for the entire release cycle. They entrusted this requirement also with Testvox to get it addressed as soon as possible.”
1. For the first challenge, we devised a plan of automating all the test cases that they executed frequently for every regression associated with each release of a new feature or a feature/functionality update.
- There were a plethora of test cases that were to be automated. We completed automating all the frequently repeated and important test cases in a trice.
“Storilabs got convinced about the power of automation as the time taken for regression testing associated with each release got reduced from few days to very few hours thus improving the QA cycle to a good extent.”
2. To alleviate the second challenge, we devised a plan of integrating the automated scripts with their development pipeline.
- If the development of a new feature or an update in any of the existing feature/functionality is completed, before the release is passed to the quality department for undergoing application testing, the automated scripts corresponding to the test cases regarding regression testing will run automatically.
“The existing functionalities or features are tested at the software development phase itself in the pipeline without any intervention from the software testers or QA personnel and the bugs found are immediately reported.”
“The software developers will get an intimation and can rectify all the issues identified before the release regarding a new feature or a feature/functionality update is made. “
- Thus, before the software application goes into the hands of the QA personnel with the new release, regression testing occurs on the existing functionalities and features and the bugs identified get rectified by the software developers soon without waiting for the QA cycle.
- So the QA teams need not waste their time as all the existing functionalities/features would be assured working fine when the release reaches their hands for testing the new feature or an existing functionality/feature update.
“This method of integrating the execution of our automation suites with their software development pipeline paved the way for speeding up the entire release cycle considerably.”
|Components used in our in-house Framework
||Programming Language Used
||Reporting tool Used
||CI/CD tool used
|Selenium, TestNG, Maven, Allure reports, Page Object Model, and Log4J for logging
||Allure Reports and TestNG Reports
This application software is currently used by customers in real time.
- Testvox was able to reduce the QA cycle time and the whole release cycle time to a good extent.
- Storilabs was convinced much about the power of automation from Testvox as the execution of automated test cases displayed an excellent performance by reducing the time required for conducting regression testing associated with every release from a few days to very few hours.
The below image signifies the token of appreciation received by Testvox from Storilabs.
To Know how Testvox tested E-commerce website and supporting APP for Storilabs, click.